I’ve never shared a link to a sermon podcast on my site. But this talk on discouragement, disappointment, and depression is the very best teaching on mental health I have EVER heard from a local church.
Jay West at Kingwood Church did an outstanding job. I’ve never been more proud to call him my pastor.
A few highlights:
- Holiness without wholeness is legalism. I want to be a church where people bring their problems with them.
- If your pancreas can break in such a way that you have to take insulin, your brain can break in such a way that you have to take an anti-depressant. So take your medicine…and pray!
- It’s okay not to be OK, but it’s not okay to stay that way.
PLEASE don’t miss this message, “Overcomer, Part 1“.I'm an overcomer! Check out this powerful & gracious talk on faith and depression!Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Steve Austin (see all)
- How to Own Your Story: Join My 7-Day Writing Challenge - March 27, 2017
- Why I Believe that Love Starts with Me - March 25, 2017
- Save Big on Self-Care with My One Day Sale - March 24, 2017