I’ve never shared a link to a sermon podcast on my site. But this talk on discouragement, disappointment, and depression is the very best teaching on mental health I have EVER heard from a local church.
Jay West at Kingwood Church did an outstanding job. I’ve never been more proud to call him my pastor.
A few highlights:
- Holiness without wholeness is legalism. I want to be a church where people bring their problems with them.
- If your pancreas can break in such a way that you have to take insulin, your brain can break in such a way that you have to take an anti-depressant. So take your medicine…and pray!
- It’s okay not to be OK, but it’s not okay to stay that way.
PLEASE don’t miss this message, “Overcomer, Part 1“.I'm an overcomer! Check out this powerful & gracious talk on faith and depression!Click To Tweet
Latest posts by Steve Austin (see all)
- Original Sin or Original Divinity? Truth from “The Lorax” - April 28, 2017
- Self-Care for Church Workers. Step One: Breathe. - April 27, 2017
- #AskSteveAustin Podcast: Dealing with Tension in Relationships - April 26, 2017