Since I’ve begun sharing how I went from being a pastor to being hospitalized in a psych ward, people often ask about my recovery. Everyone wants to know if there is a single solution. Where does the magic lie? How do they get their own lives (or their loved ones’) back? Or, as others have said it, “What’s the one thing that made you want to start living again?”
On Episode 005 of the #AskSteveAustin Podcast, Steve Austin gives some stone cold advice about recovery. What do you do when Jesus isn’t enough? Steve introduces a brand new segment, “Ask the Expert,” where he welcomes Faydra Koenig, “America’s Crisis Coach”, to the show.
Amazon Best-Selling Author, Podcaster and lover of Starbucks, Faydra Koenig, MA, is determined that no one facing a crisis feels alone. Known in pop culture as America’s Crisis Coach™ Faydra works high-achievers who have faced unimaginable obstacles and want to come out on top. Her bold approach to crisis management is out of the box and is changing lives.
- Does recovery always require spirituality?
- How do I overcome the shame and guilt related to being manipulated?
- How do I get past porn addiction in a relationship?
- How do I deal with a difficult co-worker?
- I’m recovering from church hurts, but how do I pray?
Music for today’s show is “The Bear”, by Act of Congress. Check out their music and schedule at actofcongressmusic.com
Porn Addiction Resources:
Got a question for Steve? Fill out the form at iamsteveaustin.net/asksteveaustin or email Steve by clicking right here. If your question is featured on the show, Steve will email you a FREE e-book, Self-Care for the Wounded Soul.
Listen to the Show:
Latest posts by Steve Austin (see all)
- What’s it Like to be a Christian with a Mental Illness? - May 27, 2017
- The Truth about Christianity and Meditation - May 25, 2017
- What You Should Know about “13 Reasons Why” - May 22, 2017