fbpx

What if….

By Guest Blogger | Messy Grace

Mar 24

Gigi is one of mine and Lindsey’s oldest friends and we are so thankful for her. If you’ve read my story, you might recognize her name. She was there with Lindsey, visiting me in the ICU room, when I nearly died.

Gigi has been with us through more than one hell. And she’s been a friend through it all.

We are blessed to count her in our inner-circle.

I hope you enjoy today’s Throwback Thursday post.

Grace is messy,

Steve

photo-1416958672086-951aa7064010

What if your team won every game, but the championship title was given to another team?

What if you took notes in every class, studied hard, but a student who forgot to study was given your A?

What if you reached the finish line before anyone else, but the gold medal was given to a slower runner?

What if you busted your butt to keep the highest GPA, but the title of Valedictorian was given to a student with barely a 2.0?

What if it was your idea, your project, your dream, your work, but the recognition, raise, and promotion went to a worker who just sat in his cube?

Unfair?

Unjust?

Illegal?

Impossible?

Would you stand for it? Would you allow it to happen?

What if you were the one who benefited? The one who got something undeserving?

Take a look at these lyrics:

Because the sinless Savior died

My sinful soul is counted free

For God the just is satisfied

To look on Him and pardon me.

We sang that last Sunday and the idea has humbled and haunted me. God looked at Jesus on the cross, and forgave me.

So unfair to Jesus. His work, his pain, his love, his life- to benefit a sinner; me.

Powerful mercy, messy grace.

image

Related links:

1. Where the Hell was Joseph?
  2. Broken
  3. Perfect Love
Liked it? Take a second to support Guest Blogger on Patreon!

About the Author

• Michael Wilson says:

Thanks for the great reminder about God’s amazing grace. Be blessed. God is with you woman of God.

• Steve Austin says:

God is certainly with you, Gigi! You’re a woman after His own heart and I’m so thankful to call you my friend.

• Gigi says:

And if God is with me, who can be against me, right? 🙂 Thank you MIchael and Steve for such bold encouragement! What a wonderful way to start my day!

• Niles Comer says:

I may not know you, Sister, but I do know that our God is into Lavish Mercy, Abundant Grace, and a love that never fails nor ever ends. May you taste and see the Goodness of the Lord!

• Gigi says:

Thank you Niles, for taking the time to be a conduit of His mercy, grace, and love- even to a girl you’ve never met.

• Ashley says:

What an eye opening entry. I needed that – thank you.

• Gigi says:

Ashley, I am so humbled that you are such a faithful reader of our blog. Thanks for taking the time to comment.! hugs!

• Braeden says:

That’s the thing about forgiveness, it’s always given to those who least deserve it. To deserve forgiveness, you must be perfect, and if your perfect, you don’t need forgiveness. Jesus was perfect, He lived how He should have, He died on the cross, He did everything to deserve forgiveness, but He didn’t get it (or need it). Then there’s us. We did nothing to deserve forgiveness, we were sinful, yet by His wounds we were healed. That is wonderful grace.

• >